My name is Ariel Warren, RDN, CD, CDCES. I am a Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist, a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, a Certified Pump Trainer, an author, a speaker, and what I’m most proud of is that I have had type 1 diabetes for over 25 years. I believe that nutrition and diabetes management should be individualized. Having the right team, tech, and knowledge, frees you to live your best self with diabetes.
I was diagnosed with Type 1 when I was 4 years old. In an odd way, I am grateful for my diabetes because it has given me a deep level of empathy, and has led me to a career as a health provider. Diabetes has connected me to many empowering and inspiring individuals (such as yourself).
Currently, I hold a B.S. in Nutrition and Dietetics, I am the board chair-elect for the American Association of Diabetes Educator (AADE), and I am a speaker on “Becoming our Best Self with Diabetes through Tech and Nutrition”. I work as a diabetes educator and dietitian at an Endocrinology Outpatient Clinic in Utah and through my own online virtual practice.
- Pump Shopping: so you can learn about the pros and cons of each available pump (Medtronic, Tandem, Omnipod, and looping)
- Understand and adjusting pump settings (carb ratios, correction factors, basals, MDI dosing)
- Improve insulin sensitivity through nutrition, exercise, and diabetes management
- Lose weight in a sustainable manner that keeps you healthy long term
- Learn how to read and understand your own CGM and pump reports so you can be your own best advocate for your diabetes
- Exercise with diabetes, and learn how to cut out the lows and highs, and how to use exercise as a tool great blood sugar and insulin sensitivity
- Test for food sensitivities to decrease inflammation and insulin resistance
- Troubleshoot poor insulin absorption through improver pump site and bad habits
As a T1D myself, I am a health professional who completely understands your personal frustrations as someone with diabetes because I’ve been there. If you are struggling with your settings, nutrition, exercise, motivation, you are just feeling burnt out (or all the above). Don’t hesitate to reach out to me. I’m here to help you understand your diabetes and feel in control of your life again.
If you are having trouble with your diabetes, you are trying to decide which pump system to choose, or you are looking for increased support from a provider who has T1D. Don’t hesitate to reach out and send me an email (email@example.com).